Making desktop wireless - 2wire wireless modems.
Making Desktop Wireless
- transmission by radio waves
- radio: medium for communication
- having no wires; "a wireless security system"
- Lacking or not requiring wires
- A desktop computer
- background: (computer science) the area of the screen in graphical user interfaces against which icons and windows appear
- Denoting a piece of equipment such as a microcomputer that is suitable for use at an ordinary desk
- The working surface of a desk
- A file shortcut in Microsoft Windows is a small file containing a target URI or GUID, or the name of a target program file that the shortcut represents. The shortcut might additionally specify parameters to be passed to the target program when it is run.
- the top of a desk
- Essential qualities or ingredients needed for something
- devising: the act that results in something coming to be; "the devising of plans"; "the fashioning of pots and pans"; "the making of measurements"; "it was already in the making"
- The process of making or producing something
- qualification: an attribute that must be met or complied with and that fits a person for something; "her qualifications for the job are excellent"; "one of the qualifications for admission is an academic degree"; "she has the makings of fine musician"
- (usually plural) the components needed for making or doing something; "the recipe listed all the makings for a chocolate cake"
- Money made; earnings or profit
Arbalest ARX-7 from Full Metal Panic! ?????·????! (Revoltech version)
This is the Revoltech version of ARX-7 Arbalest from Full Metal Panic! (?????·????!). Yes, it's another small subject. I need not repeat this everytime, I hope. :P
Canon EOS 60D was used for this shot, lens of choice was the Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro lens due to incredible flexibility when it comes to the MFD.
EXIF - f/11 | 1/250 | ISO 250 | Flash WB. Wireless Flash using 60D pop up. Groups A & B were used.
Flashes used were 2 units of Canon 430EX II and 1 unit of 580EX II. Unlike the previous photo (Hinagiku) I decided to go with dark (black) background to bring out the subject as much as I can, using flash to give a good FEEL for this
The challenging part was be to make sure that the gun (black) is still visible against the black background, and also to ensure sufficient highlights on the subject. And more importantly, I WANT THOSE EYES TO BE VISIBLE!!!!
As to why it isn't a full-body shot - they're figures, a full body shot would make them quite puny. After all my purpose was to make them my desktop / iPad wallpaper. Small figure just doesn't cut it for me, sorry.
I went through various lighting configuration and finally settled with this one. Again, spent an hour or 2 resulting in a satisfied soul with an aching back. Haha.
OK Let's go into the details.
I also decided to do something different this time - none of the flash units were diffused. All bare, direct shots (notice all of them are L positioned?)
For this subject, 2 units of 430EX II were set to Group A with power of 1/8. Both were positioned higher than the subject. The 580EX II was set to Group B with power of 1/128, it's at 1/128 because it's a strong flash and it's very near to the subject.
Why was the 580EX II rested sideways? It's because I wanted the light not only to cover the subject but also to hit on the eyes so that sensor could pick up green color of it. :) If I had placed the 580EX II standing upright, the flash would've cast some shadow on it, darken the eye altogether.
I took many shots but they're mostly of the similar angle because I'm satisfied with the pose and all, it's the lighting part that got me going and going until I found the one I like.
Oh and about the black shirt - initially I was shooting on white cloth but I found it reflecting a lot of the lights, so to solve this matter, I used a black shirt instead (no cloth, haven't buy yet. hehe).
As always - I shoot in JPG for my figurings, for training purpose. :) No adjustment in color, contrast or anything at all. I only cropped it to 16:9 ratio (width to width). I spent more time on the beautifying the text with the logo.
1337 enough to make grown men cry... :D
Dual monitors. Left is attached to my unnamed laptop, and the right is attached to Azazel. Notice the two mice on the right. The tiny wireless one goes to my Macbook, and the Razr Copperhead goes to my sexy, sexy beast, Azazel.
And, of course...gotta have the Das Keyboard for the Das 1337. :D
wireless telephone modem
hme wireless intercom
smc ez stream wireless audio adapter
xbox 360 elite black wireless controller
headphones wireless for tv
laser wireless desktop mouse
home theatre wireless rear speakers
microsoft wireless keyboard and mouse 5000
wireless n adapter for desktop
wireless n linksys